Monday, July 20

Hope is real - like this blog


So I haven't really written a "real" blog in a while. Well, what is a real blog anyways? To me it's usually one that reveals what's going on in the deep places of my heart or one that shares revelation I have been receiving. But.. to be honest, those things I have been wanting to keep to myself or between God and I - not sure if that's selfish or wise.

Basically I've been in a weird season. A desert season. And to be honest I'm not sure how long I will be in this season [why would I?] - but, part of me feels I'm not leaving anytime soon, and that's okay with me because it is only for a season, and I trust that He does all things to work together for my good. But, yeah.. it's been weird.. weird good because I feel Him stretching me and molding me and it hurts but it hurts so good. Haha.

I'll share this: This past weekend I forgot that I was in this season of dryness and was getting overwhelmed by what seems like the lack of favor in my life and struggling with the desire of greatness which has led me to envy and I was breaking down. Well, at the conference "The Beauty of the Lord" there were people prophesying and the Lord spoke this to me through someone: They saw a picture of me in the desert, digging a well.. spending needed energy on something that isn't supposed to happen. But, his promise is that out of that desert he will make a valley and out of it will spring fountains of living waters. These words pierced my heart in the most precious of ways and it was so refreshing to have that taste of hope.

Hope. That word has been showing up everywhere these past few days.

Job 5:16-18 So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth. Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.

No comments: