Monday, September 13

Pouring In & Pouring Out


On Sunday I spent most of my day in the library catching up on the majority of my homework. That night I felt that I could finally breathe more easily and focus my gaze more clearly on Jesus. I was refreshed because I was able to play my guitar for the first time in a while, dive into the word AND journal.. things that I love to do, but have been overwhelmed by circumstances around me and have kind of moved them to the bottom of my "To Do" list.

I quickly realized how drained I really have been. I became conscious of the fact that it is important to keep myself hydrated with the living water. The times I have felt the most refreshed and found myself thriving in relationship with the Lord the most are the times when someone has been pouring into my life and I have been concurrently pouring into theirs. With the unforeseen change in seasons I have been experiencing, I lost the aspect where someone pours into my life. Feeling stranded and alone I forgot the importance of allowing God to pour into me (or maybe it was that I didn't think He wanted to, which is silly).

All of that to say: He poured into me. And honestly, not too long after being refreshed I felt sucked dry again. But, I press on knowing that there is more.


More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
- Romans 5:3-5

1 comment:

N Abram said...

Hi Melissa, just wanted to say hi from England. I am also French and I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Europe..May the Lord bless you in abundance. In Jesus'name. Amen