Tuesday, December 9

God speaks through everything and everyone



Rejoice, rejoice with all your hearts
Sing Him a new song
That's heard high on the windswept mountains
It will resound
Lead, Lord, with unfailing love
Those that You have ransomed
And we will sing out as we go on
Our God is faithful
Our God is faithful


These are the words that have been floating in my head since I woke up this morning. I feel they are appropriate seeing as this is the last night I am babysitting for this extended period. Once again, God has proved himself faithful. Faithful in all things, in His great and wonderful wisdom. The other night when I was at the prayer meeting via Skype and everyone was discussing the season they are in now, it made me think. I've been through a lot of seasons this past year.. seasons of dwelling and soaking in his love, a dry season, a season of struggle in relationships because He is breaking all that hinders from Him, a season of trusting, and so on. But, at this moment, at this very moment in time, I don't have too many words to describe the season I am in. It's not the best, but it's not the worst, and the thing that sticks out the most is that God is proving himself FAITHFUL. Faithful to all of the prayers, and all of the things I laid at His feet in trust. What a wonderful Father we have. :]

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
[This passage has such a deeper meaning now. It's not just faith of a child.. It's so much more.]

The past five days I have been watching Grace and Gabe while their parents and baby brother were in Las Vegas for a business meeting. It's been a great and trying experience, and surprisingly God has taught me so much. So many parrallels in the life of a child and the relationship we have with Him and are supposed to have with Him. No wonder why Jesus loved the children the most. Yes, they are aggravating, they are prideful, they are selfish, they are liars and hypocrits, but they are quick to forgive, quick to hug and love, full of joy and innocence, it's a beautiful picture that I never even knew I would begin to understand. When I was offered this opportunity to babysit I saw it as God answering my prayer for money to go to Onething. And yes, that was answered, but now I see his abundance and the overflow of that prayer. The things He has shown me are so amazing, and I'm not even sure if I could begin to describe them. I feel I have grown so much in the past few days in learning how to love, and learning how to be in relationship with Christ. It's also been training for being a mother.

I will go more in depth.. but I need to study because I have an 8am exam tomorrow, that I'm not done studying for. :]

Peace in Him.

No comments: