Sunday, January 23

Week 3 - Armory House Show

This past Friday I drove down to Norfolk, VA for a house show for my Week 3 photo project (and to see my best friend). It was wonderfully refreshing and wonderfully beautiful. This first video is just a compilation of the artists who played: Josh Morgan, Olivia Morgan, Wynter Poe, Taylor Lee, and Lacy Bruner. I didn't really know how to present all of the videos and stuff, so feel free to look at it all, or pick and choose :)






Josh Morgan
"On the streets of gold, we'll never grow old with the lover of our souls."







"If there be anything anxious in me God, rip it out, weed it out so I can be refined, purified and fully alive." 

This set absolutely resonated with my soul and where I've been. Such beautiful songs and music from Olivia, Wynter, and Taylor. I wanted to wait to post these videos on facebook until after I had put this blog together, but for one of the songs I just couldn't wait because I just felt like so many people would benefit from hearing it. So, I posted one video early, and I got a message in my inbox from a dear friend saying the song was "so pure" and "almost healing to watch". Now that's what I'm talking about! Yes, Jesus.




I believe this song was written with Jonah 2 in mind? Just a guess ;)
 
“In my distress I called to the LORD,
   and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
   and you listened to my cry.
You hurled me into the depths,
   into the very heart of the seas,
   and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers
   swept over me.
I said, ‘I have been banished
   from your sight;
yet I will look again
   toward your holy temple.’
The engulfing waters threatened me,
   the deep surrounded me;
   seaweed was wrapped around my head.
To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
   the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you, LORD my God,
   brought my life up from the pit."



And lovely Lacy Bruner,
I couldn't help but smile the whole time through her whole set :)
"No more nothing-songs for me."

[Note to self] - Something I learned from this was that using the 50mm f/1.2 lens is super hard to keep focused for an event like this and in the future I probably won't use it even though it's small size is so convenient!

1 comment:

Alan said...

I absolutely loved these videos. Very talented singers, and musicians. Thank you very much for sharing these. God meant for me to see these today. May He bless you greatly today.